The construction work of the annexe to the main building has started in Waldbüttelbrunn. The ground-breaking was solemnised by the Managing Directors Martin Uhlmann and Dr. Marc Zacher, the Head of the Research & Development department, Carl H. Scheuermann, and the first Mayor of Waldbüttelbrunn, Klaus Schmidt. Furthermore, a time capsule has been buried symbolically with several utensils in it, such as an electronic knob cylinder and the current daily newspaper. The extension of the warehouse as well as the production and office premises shall provide more development possibilities considering the continuous growth of Uhlmann & Zacher.
The annexe to the main building has an area of about 1300 square metres spread across two floors. This doubles the total area that the company occupies in the industrial park in Waldbüttelbrunn. The production and office premises will be extended and a modern high-bay warehouse will be built. What’s more, about 100 new parking spaces will be created for employees, business partners and clients.
With a heat transmission coefficient (U-value) of 0.19, the new building has excellent insulation and is therefore almost as energy-efficient as a passive house. An air-conditioning system in the entire annexe shall ensure pleasant temperatures throughout the year. As planned, the annexe should be ready by the end of this year.